In addition, NBCFAEâ€™s positively expands and promotes influence in our community by providing scholarships, presenting Aviation Careers Education (ACE) academies, supporting intern programs, and establishing educational grants and endowments. Each year we have distributed over $100,000 in scholarships to deserving students nation-wide. Due to our endeavors, overÂ 15,000 young people have been introduced to careers in aviation at venues across this country.
Who We Are
The National Black Coalition of Federal Aviation EmployeesÂ provides support and advocacy for over 5,000 African American and minority employees against any type of discrimination within the agency.Â NBCFAE is an organization comprised of over 1000 members in regions and chapters and is an employee association specifically designed to provide you with highly effective training and creative resources to succeed in todayâ€™s business world. The Northeast Region consist of approximately 250 members and growing. There are members Â located inÂ the states of New England, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, DelawareÂ Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Virginia
For over 35 years, NBCFAE, a nationwide network, has been dedicated to promoting equal employment for African Americans, female and minority employees; improving employee-management relations and providing an effective liaison amongst FAA employees and the community at large
The goals of the National Black Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees
- Establish nationwide communications among members.
- Develop a national voice for black, female, and minority FAA
- Educate members concerning rights, personnel actions, and promotional qualifications.
- Monitor black, female, and minority FAA employees’ career development.
- Assist in recruiting black, female, and minorities for FAA positions.
- Promote equal employment opportunity through all lawful means.
- Establish a national directory for members.
- Promote professionalism in our work and strive for excellence in the performance of our duties.